Founder’s History

Mr Aw came over to Singapore from China (Hokkien province) with his father, Mr Hu Qing Er. Together they set up Oh Chin Hing in 1920 at 40G Soon Hock Road.

They started with the producing sesame oil, flour and dried bean-curd but specialised in sesame oil over the years.

In 1965, Aw Loo Leong who is the 5th son took over the business from his father and expanded the business to Asia.

Oh Chin Hing  Sesame Oil Factory moved to Blk 6022 Ang Mo Kio before finally settling at its current location now at Bedok North Street 5 (Gourmet East Kitchen Building).

Oh Chin Hing has come a long way back from it’s humble beginnings in 1920s, it is now run by the 4th generation of Aws.

Old Process